Eagle Crest HOA Meeting Minutes
1/13/14Members Present: Members Absent: Daryl Evers Kris Illum Sally Firnhaber Steve Sanders Michelle Campbell I. Call to order
- Minutes from previous meeting reviewed and approved with noted changes
- Reviewed Financial Summary 01/01/13 through 12/31/13
- Reserve account balance: $ 21,198.86
- Checking account balance: $5074.44/ all bills up to date
- Comparison of 2012 to 2013 reviewed – highlights as follows:
- Income from HOA dues up $4,132 from previous year (PY)
- Expenses up $9,004 to PY
- Pool repairs, including resurfacing = $10,166 (up $7,979 to PY). No money was taken from reserve account to cover repairs.
- Pool furniture replacement = $2,121 (up $2,121 to PY)
- Landscaping – replaced trees and over seeded in fall = $2,225
- Subdivision maintenance down $2,395 to PY
- Water down $1,790 to PY
- 2013 Net Income – $2,173.11 – down $4,885 to PY due to funding for pool repairs from operating fund and not taking money from reserve account.
- Steve presented 2013 books for signature of HOA president and Vice President
- Reconciliation reviewed and signatures obtained.
- Motion made to approve financial statements and payments as presented
Pool Committee meeting scheduled for 1/28/14.
- Michelle and Daryl will lead first meeting together to facilitate smooth transition
- One Rave Crest Homeowner committed to serve on pool committee to date
- Will continue to recruit for additional R.C. pool committee member
Daryl presented 2014 Pool Maintenance Bid Daryl presented a bid for pool fence repair – including gates following discussion from last Board meeting.
- No significant change from 2013 maintenance agreement
- Michelle and Daryl will discuss need to obtain another Bid for comparison with Pool Committee members.
- Plan for 2014 pool occupancy for May 23-September 1
Pool Cover replacement due to wear
- Pool committee to be tasked with obtaining bids for replacement of pool cover to present to Board
Sally will obtain number for Pool Supply Company where she has a contact
- Editor note post meeting : SCP Pools: 913-888-6633
- Daryl will request updated Bid for 2014 from Fairway Lawn and Landscape
- Spring Work Day: Scheduled for May 3, 2014
- March 8, 2014 – Annual HOA Homeowner meeting
- May 3, 2014 – Spring Work Day
- May 23, 2014 – Pool Open for occupancy
- June 5-7, 2014 – Neighborhood Garage Sale
- July 4, 2014 – Eagle Crest/Raven Crest 4th of July Parade
- TBD – Movie Night @ Pool
- September 1, 2014 – pool closing
- TBD – Fall Work Day
- No Special Requests
Sally presented draft letter to send to homeowners
- Letter included information regarding 2014 dues
- Announcement regarding Board elections and nomination and voting process
- Annual Meeting announcement’
- Enclosure: to include document outlining board member responsibilities
- Sally to edit letter per Board Member recommendations
- Daryl will send final letter to Eagle Crest home owners by 2/20/14
- Discussed including “Friendly Reminders” document and reference to location of HOA bylaws and restrictive covenants www.eaglecresthoa.com in next letter.
Sally will draft a “welcome letter” to send to all new homeowners at time of move in with information regarding HOA events, website, covenants and bylaws.
- Board members were recently informed that title companies are not obligated to provide home buyers with HOA covenants. This was contrary to previous information given.
Next Meeting: 2/18/14 7:00pm