Eagle Crest HOA Meeting Minutes
2/19/14Members Present: Members Absent: Daryl Evers Kris Illum Sally Firnhaber Steve Sanders Michelle Campbell I. Call to order
- Minutes from previous meeting reviewed and approved with noted changes
- Reviewed Financial Summary 01/01/13 through 2/19/14 – No significant activity
- Reserve account balance: $ 21,201.72
- Checking account balance: $4,925.56
- HOA Dues:
- 18 checks received to date
- Total dues received $7,848
- Received application for pool permit: $317.00
- Motion made to move balance of $5,000 from checking account to reserve account in accordance with HOA Board financial plan to build reserve account to 1 year operating expenses.
- √ Motion passed
- Motion made to approve financial statements and payments as presented
- √ Motion passed
- Michelle reported she and Daryl met with Pool Committee met 1/28/14
- Pool Committee met again on 2/10/14 with Michelle
- Committee was tasked to get bids on the following:
- Fence Repair
- Pool Cover
- Canopy over baby pool for shade
- Security/surveillance camera system
- Parking lot repair
- Fence Bid presented
- Burge Fence Company
- $435.00 to repair broken post
- Need additional bid to replace gate springs
- Pool Cover Bid – deferred until cover removed – Caren Chambers is working on Bid
- Shade Cover for baby pool – Bids pending
- Parking lot repairs
- Discussed “divots” in asphalt
- Pool committee researching bids for “Band-Aid repairs” vs. full resurfacing
- Discussed additional needs:
- Vents in pool house door
- Paper towel rack in men’s restroom – Daryl will purchase paper towel rack and center pull paper towels at Sam’s Club.
- Pool Service Agreement: Daryl presented Select Pool Agreement for 2014 pool season
- Motion to approve 2014 Pool Service Agreement with Select Pool
√Motion passedIV. Property Maintenance
- Daryl reported Fairway Lawn and Landscape has been sold to “Perfection Lawn and Landscape, LLC”
- Darren Haggerty is still with the new company and will remain our contact for service needs.
- Bid for 2014 is lower due to multiple other jobs in surrounding area.
- Bid also includes Back Flow testing
- Perfection Lawn also able to service irrigation system as needed.
- Motion to approve Perfection Lawn and Landscape bid for 2014 Lawn Maintenance Agreement (mowing): $6,456.30
- Motion to approve additional services to include mulching, aeration, pruning, trimming, etc. at a cost of $4,561.68
- Spring Work Day: Scheduled for May 3, 2014
- No response received to date in response to letter sent to homeowners asking for candidates for HOA Board positions
- Deadline for submitting name for candidacy: March 1, 2014
- Will plan to send follow-up letter to homeowners after annual meeting
- Scheduled for March 8, 2014 at 9:00am – Price Chopper meeting room
- Will post sign at neighborhood entrance with meeting information on March 2, 2014
- Daryl will recap year
Steve to review financials
- Steve will bring copies of 2013 HOA financial summary for distribution to homeowners in attendance.
- Open to homeowner discussion and questions
- No Special Requests
- Plan to send follow-up letter to homeowners in April
- Also need to draft “New Homeowner Letter” to have available for any new homeowners at time of move in.
Next Meeting: 4/7/14 7:00pm (No Board Meeting in March due to Annual Meeting)